Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Advancement

During the course of my graduate studies at UTSA I will have a total of 3 reviews with the faculty. The first one happened after the first semester with the whole faculty. The second review or 'advancement' happened on Monday with 3 of my professors plus one guest. What I like about these reviews is the opportunity to hear feedback and suggestions.
After each one, I've gained names of artists to research and a renewed enthusiasm moving foreward. I wanted to list a few of the artists that were suggested to me:
Anselm Kiefer
Ross Bleckner
Whitney Brothers
Norman Mclaren
Robert Breer

Wallace Stevens...
Thirteen Ways of Looking at Blackbirds...

I do not know which to prefer,
The beauty of inflections
Or the beauty of innuendoes,
The blackbird whistling
Or just after.